Your social security number (SSN) or a confirmation ID
Your personal information: full legal name, gender, birth date, address, telephone number(s), and email
This step provides information to create a Maricopa Enterprise Identification (MEID). The MEID is the username that you will use to access Canvas, Maricopa student email, and other Maricopa college technology systems. To create the MEID you will utilize the MEID Account Wizard (MAW).
2. Select the appropriate option to start the wizard:
If you have ever worked at any of the Maricopa Community Colleges, including Federal Work Study or as a student worker, select "I am a current or former Maricopa Community College District Employee."
If you have ever registered at any Maricopa Community College for any credit or non-credit course, including dual/concurrent enrollment, ACE, a summer workshop or a Maricopa Community College class at your workplace, select "I am a current or previous MCCCD Student and need to setup my MEID account for the first time."
If you do not have, or choose not to use your Social Security Number (SSN) or registered in the past without a SSN and you have now obtained a Confirmation ID, select "I have a Confirmation ID."
If none of the above applies to you, or you are not sure, select "I am a new student and have never attended any Maricopa Community College or Skill Center."
3. Enter the code from the image in the box provided. For example, in the above page, you would enter the word “profit.” Then click Next.
4. Enter Identity Information (MAW Step 1).
You should enter your full legal name including your middle name. If you are concerned about the privacy of your Social Security Number, click on the “privacy statement” link for more information on how your SSN is used at MCCCD.
5. Verify the information that you entered. Edit if necessary and then click OK.
Under some conditions you may encounter the following Error condition: Possible “partial match.”
If you should encounter this error message at this point, start over but leave your middle name blank.
If you are now successful, continue ahead with the remaining steps.
Please Note: At a later time, when you complete your Student Information Form (SIF) you can update your legal name to include your middle name.
If you continue to encounter the "partial match" error, please contact your college Admissions & Records (registration) Office at the number listed in the error message for assistance.
6. Enter the requested Additional Information (MAW Step 2 -Gender, phone, address, city, state, postal code, country, email and password).
When creating your password pay careful attention to the password requirements to generate a strong password that will resist hacking.
The password is at least eight (8) characters long.
The password contains characters from three of the following four categories:
Uppercase characters (A, B, C, ...)
Lowercase characters (a, b, c, …)
Numerals (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Special characters (`, ~, !, @, #, ...)
The password does not contain three or more consecutive characters from your display name (your name and student ID).
7. Verify the information that you typed and click OK.
8. Enter your Challenge Question/Answer Setup (MAW Step 3)
Select and answer the desired questions and click Submit.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID) account. You now have an account and will be able to admit to a Maricopa college.
9. Review the confirmation screen and write your MEID and Student ID created by the MAW on your S.O.S. for future reference. DO NOT WRITE YOUR PASSWORD on the S.O.S.