This site requires JavaScript to be enabled






Services and Support

Veterans Services

Updated: 03/02/2015

There are many services specifically available to Veterans and dependents. Use the links to the right to explore Veterans Services at your college.

Applying to College As a Veteran

The Department of Veterans Affairs requires colleges to evaluate any prior credits that veterans may have earned. This evaluation includes verifying all institutions that you may have attended even if you did not use your educational benefits. It is your responsibility to request official academic transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended. More information is available below.


  1. Request official transcripts from all colleges previously attended.

  2. Follow up with your college’s Admission Office to determine if they have received all of your transcripts.

  3. Complete and submit a form for the request of your prior college credit(s).

  4. Once your transcripts have been evaluated, notify the Veterans Office at your college.

    • Generally, you have one semester to complete this requirement. However, if you are certified for a class/degree requirement that you have already completed at another institution, you will have an overpayment of funds.

    • The VA will not pay for repeated courses if the grade already earned is acceptable for graduation requirements or if the courses are elective courses in excess of those needed to meet graduation requirements.

  5. Contact the Veterans Office at your college if you have any questions about the transfer credit process for veterans.

Filed under: Services and Support v.6

Was this helpful? Yes No